Gisela holds a MA degree in Industrial Psychology (University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg) and is a registered Industrial Psychologist. She has experience in assessments and psychometric testing, training and consultation.
Gisela's current main responsibilities include overseeing and conducting the entire assessment process for a wide variety of purposes and clients. Gisela applies occupational and other assessments for the purposes of individual and team assessment and development; leadership development; talent management; succession planning; and organisational design and development.
Gisela has consulted at all levels of organizations in a wide variety of industries including mining, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transport, government, financial, retail, food and beverages, entertainment, healthcare, education, farming, research, motor, and human resources.
Her previous work experience includes the Military Psychological Institute where her professional skills were utilized by the Air Force, Army and Navy in the areas of Specialist Selection, Organisational Development, Training and Routine Selection. Some of these high-profile projects included work with the Special Forces, Navy Divers and Officers, South African Air Force Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers.
* "Guess what... you could just be addicted" in Brainstorm Magazine (February 2006)
* "Online flow experiences, problematic Internet use and Internet procrastination" in the Journal of Computers and Behaviour Human Computer Interaction
* "Problematic Internet use among information technology workers in South Africa" in the Journal of CyberPsychology and Behavior
* Problematic Internet use in South African information technology workers. In M.J. Dainoff (Ed.), Ergonomics and Health Aspects of Work with Computers. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4566, pp. 339-348
* Presented a paper titled "Problematic Internet Use in South African Information Workers" at the Human Computer Interaction International Conference in Beijing in July 2007
* Guest speaker at the Fine and Country Annual Convention on "Behaviour at Work" in 2008
Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa in 2007 (PS0100803)
Send an email to Gisela Wretschko
Bioss Southern Africa
Postnet Suite 146, Private Bag X782
T: +27 11 450 2434
F: +27 11 455 1677